Happy Monday! We're kicking off this glorious March morning with the first installment of our Props, Pops & Poses series! This week, we decided to interview Alex, George Street's resident graphic designer (and creator of all things gorgeous!), to get her take on what details make up her dream e-session! Enjoy!
1. Dreamy and romantic, or vibrant and colorful? Spill the details on what "look and feel" you envision for your ideal engagement session!
I envision a very dreamy, whimsical engagement session outdoors! The sun would be shining bright and the leaves would reflect all the gorgeous, natural colors of fall.
2. Location, location, location!! If you could pick any spot to shoot your e-session, where would it be?!
My cabin in Galena, Illinois would make the perfect spot for an engagement session! The rolling hills, stunning rock formations...I couldn't imagine a more beautiful backdrop.
3. A little bit of color can go a long way! What stunning shades best characterize your engagement style?
I prefer more neutral colors, so I would love to incorporate creamy beiges and greys, paired with classic black and splashes of color reflected in the props or surrounding scenery!
4. Sweet signs, a picnic for two...there's no doubt props can add an extra dose of pizzazz to any engagement session! What props — if any — would you include in your session?
A picnic for two sounds perfect to me! There's something about sitting close together on a blanket surrounded by nature that seems so romantic and timeless. To add a little something extra, I would bring a few vintage lanterns and patterned pillows.
5. Engagement photos are all about capturing that newly engaged glow! During your dream e-session, would you plan to strike a pose or simply live in the moment?
Definitely live in the moment. I want my engagement session to reflect our personality — how we are when a photographer is not around. The more pictures of us laughing and having an amazing time, the better!
All About Alex...
Alex is the sweet and talented Graphic Designer at George Street Photo & Video. When she's not creating lovely designs on her computer, Alex loves spending time outdoors and enjoys traveling around the world whenever she has the chance! A down-to-earth gal who's proud to call Chicago home, she loves exploring everything the world has to offer and finds inspiration in all things beautiful.