From your save-the-date design to the color of your centerpieces, chances are you’ve been planning your wedding for months (maybe even years), making sure every last detail is checked and accounted for! Still, a back-up plan can go a long way to ensure no loose ends go untied. And no bridal back-up plan is complete without a few key essentials!
What are the quintessential bridal essentials, you may ask? Well, we’ve decided to give you a leg up on preparation by rounding up some of our top must-have necessities for the big day!
Here’s the low-down on the items that’ll keep you smiling and stress-free from the first kiss to the last dance of the night!
1. Beauty Touch-Ups: The key to looking camera-ready all day? The right tools! A portable eyeshadow palette, lipgloss & tissues will help keep your makeup fresh, while hair ties, bobby pins & hairspray can ensure your ‘do is secure. And don’t forget about the boys! A mini lint roller is perfect for keeping your beau’s tux crisp and spot-free in between the day’s festivities.
2. Prevent Mini Mishaps: Spot a snag in your gown? Pesky blisters from your sparkled stilettos? A mini mending kit and bandages are sure to save the day, so be sure they have a place in your essentials kit! Also, don’t forget to tuck clear nail polish into the mix to fix any smudges or chips in your manicure!
3. First-Aid Necessities: You’re bound to feel like a million bucks on your big day — after all, you’re about to marry the love of your life! Still, you’ll want to be well-equipped to battle any unforeseen bugs. Ibuprofen or aspirin, allergy medicine and other types of relief can ensure you feel your absolute best under any circumstances!
Simply gather these trusty tools, toss them in an easy-to-carry tote or makeup bag and voilà! You’ll be prepared to take on anything that comes your way! Be sure to share these tips with your ‘maids, as well! Xo, Amanda
Rising temps, blue skies…it seems like the more-than-welcomed change of weather has got everyone buzzing with happiness! But, you know what I love most about this time of year? Outdoor engagement sessions are in full swing, ushering in one of my favorite segments of our Props, Pops & Poses series to date! Lindsay, one of George Street’s talented Wedding Consultants, decided to spill all the sweet summery details that make up her dream e-session — and let’s just say it’ll have you smitten! Xo, Amanda
1. Dreamy and romantic, or vibrant and colorful? Spill the details on what “look and feel” you envision for your ideal engagement session!
Is romantic and fun an option?! I would love for my session to reflect the love I have for my fiancé, while still portraying how much fun we have together. Whenever I’d dream of my engagement session and wedding day growing up, I’d always ask my mom which things I would end up picking once those days finally came — and she told me, “Whichever options sound the most fun!”
2. Location, location, location!! If you could pick any spot to shoot your session, where would it be?!
I think I’d enjoy being on some kind of a rooftop or beer garden around dusk or evening time! Tiki torches, twinkle lights and candles scattered throughout would add the perfect touch! Since I have such fair skin, I think my personal best lighting would come through in the evening. The ambience would really complement the setting we’d be in, while still adding a romantic touch!
3. A little bit of color can go a long way! What stunning shades best characterize your engagement session style?
Since my coloring is so fair, and my hair is so red, earth tones tend to work best for me. But, if I had to pick a pop of color, I’d have to go with some kind of green — maybe a shade of olive!
4. Sweet signs, a picnic for two…there’s no doubt props can add an extra dose of pizzazz to any e-session! What props — if any — would you include in your session?
If I were to incorporate props, it’d definitely be something that showcases the date of our wedding, so we could use those shots for our save-the-dates! And of course, I’d love to bring in other forms of lighting with candles, lamps or lanterns. As a final touch, I’d strategically place a few gorgeous flower arrangements around our location to really play up the ‘wow’ factor!
5. Engagement photos are all about capturing that newly engaged glow! During your dream engagement session, would you plan to strike a pose or simply live in the moment?
Definitely in-the-moment! When it comes to my dream e-session, the overall vibe I’m going for is very laid-back and go-with-the-flow — very similar to how I am in real life! I’d rather feel like I was on a special date with my fiancé and a photographer just happens to be there, rather than feeling like I’m on a staged photo shoot. We have so much fun together and are constantly making each other laugh, and I know our photographer will be able to capture some wonderful moments!
All About Lindsay…
With her bubbly personality and sweet disposition, Lindsay is one of George Street’s incredible Wedding Consultants! Besides getting to know our George Street couples and hearing about their wedding day plans, her favorite part of the job is working with such amazing colleagues, who all bring something different to the table! When she’s not fueling her small (okay…large) addiction to nail polish, you’ll probably find her belting out “Build Me Up Buttercup” on karaoke night!